- Body Type: Sports , Coupe
- Full Service History
- Year Built: 2002
- Trans: Manual
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Owners: 1
- Ext color: Silver
- Int color: Black
LEGACY Motorcars is very excited to offer this Extraordinary 2002 VW New Beetle Turbo S “Concept Car’, Inspired by the great German Porsche Aftermarket Tuner Alois Ruf, built & designed as he might, given the inclination to modify a New Beetle!
This is an Incredible VW Beetle Turbo S highly modified to exacting standards, Built with the cooperation of RUF USA!
There is only ONE in Existence….and now it could be yours!
The Vehicle meets all US Emission, DTS, crash and safety specs, is street legal and may be registered in all 50 States.
Please look at all Specs and Photos to see the level of quality and engineering that went into the RUF BUG!
You could NOT build or reproduce this VW RUF BUG Turbo S for 3 times the Price!
Performance & Suspension:
- APR DPP (Stock, 93 and 100 Octane Programs)
- APR 2.5″ Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust w/ RUF Exhaust Tip
- Custom Hyperflow Intake by Stratmosphere w/ AFE Breather
- Hyperboost HP Diverter Valve by Stratmosphere
- VDO Turbo Boost Gauge
- Complete SAMCO Hose kit
- Hose Techniques Super Blue Vacuum Lines
- 42 Draft Design Vacuum Line T-Fitting and Restrictor
- VF Engineering Motor, Transmission and Pendulum Mounts
- VF Engineering Front Sway Bar End Links
- Vogtland Coilovers w/1.5″ drop
- Eibach 22mm Front & 25mm Rear Sway bars
- Sigma Six Short Shift Kit
- Optima Group 35 Redtop Battery
- Mobil One Oil and Oil Filters used Exclusively
Tires & Wheels:
- RUF Wheel Set w/Continental ContiSport Contact 3’s
- Fronts: 19 x 8.5″ Et56, 22mm H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers, (Final Et34), 235x35x19’s
- Rears: 19 x 10″ Et66, 30mm H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers, (Final Et36), 255x30x19’s
- OEM RUF/Porsche Black Anodized Lugs & Wheel Locks
- RUF/ECS Big Brake Kit with Proprietary Tuning by RUF
- Fronts: 6 Piston RUF Tuned Brembo Calipers w/Hawk Performance Ferro-Carbon Pads, ECS 14.1″ light weight 2 piece vented Cross- Drilled/Slotted Floating Rotors.
- Rears: RUF Tuned 337/20AE Rear Calipers and Carriers w/Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, ECS 12.1″ light weight 2 piece floating 308x22mm vented Cross-Drilled/Slotted Floating Rotors. *Stainless Steel Lines and Super Blue Racing Fluid
- Custom RUF “One-Off” Hand Stitched Leather Steering Wheel /Airbag
- Custom RUF Shifter and Shift Knob
- Custom RUF Molded and Painted Shifter Center Console and Arm Rest w/Custom Black Leather Top-Stitched Arm Rest Cover
- Custom RUF “One-Off” Embroidered Floor Mats
- Custom Leather Recaro Sportster CS Seats w/Painted Shells
- Custom RUF “One-Off” Polished Billet Aluminum Grab Handle
- Custom Turbo S Dash Plaque
- Custom “One-Off” Pod Mounted Turbo Boost Gauge Housing
- RSI Polished Billet Aluminum Heat-A/C-Fan Control Knobs
- Polished Billet Aluminum Dash Defrost Vents
- Custom Polished Billet Aluminum Cup Holders and Mirror Switch
- Audi TT A/C Vents & Shift Trim Ring
- Euro Headlight Switch with disabled DRL’s
- Stainless Steel Door Sills with “Turbo S” logos
- Stainless Steel 12V Socket Flashlight
- Incorporated Audi TT Gas Cap Conversion
- Polished Billet Aluminum Oil Cap, Coolant Cap, Fuel Cap, Windshield Washer Reservoir Cap and Power Steering Cap Covers
- Caractere Side Skirts
- DTM Chin Spoilers
- Speedster Hood Cowl
- Phaeton Antenna
- Shaved Front Hood / Filled License Plate
- Shaved and Molded Rear Tow Hook Cover
- Shaved Rear Hood and Engine Cover with RUF designation badges
- Shaved and Smoothed Rocker Panels
- Custom “One-Off” Rear Valance Exhaust Blend
- 3M Paint Protection Film
- Tinted Glass with 35% tint
- Custom “Turbo S” side Decals
This is truly a Masterpiece of Automotive Engineering! A MUST for any VW or enthusiast Collector! You will NEVER find another!
“this ain’t your daddy’s Beetle”!!
From the moment you open the door and are greeted by the Aroma of Fine Leather, to the second you cross the Stainless Steel Door Sills, sit down and are cradled in the Custom Painted Full Leather Recaro Racing Seats, then proceed to wrap your hands around the Thick Matching Leather RUF Steering Wheel and Shifter, you realize “this ain’t your daddy’s Beetle!”
You immediately notice the obvious Attention to Detail. The Fit and Finish and overall Clean OEM styling. The subtle marriage of Form and Function make it clear that this car is truly something unique and quite special.
There is an “underplayed irresistibility” about this car that’s difficult to put into words. The feel of the Billet controls between your fingers suggests quality far beyond what you’d expect.
The sensation of being behind the wheel of a purposeful VW Beetle with the turbo spooling, pushing you into your seat as you accelerate from 70 to 120 MPH in seconds, is something one once could only dream about. It’s now a reality!
Here are some of the RUF BUG’s Provenance! Awards and Distinctions!
2003: Northeastern Volkswagen Association (NEVA)
October 2003 Long Island
Winner First Place Best Beetle
2004: Creative Differences Car Club (CDCC)
July 2004 Norwalk Connecticut
Winner Second Place Best VW Overall
2007: Connecticut Volkswagen Association (CVA)
August 2007 Terryville Connecticut “Bug-A-Fair”
Winner Second Place Best Beetle
2010: Hat City Dubs “Dubs On Defrost II”
April 2010 Westport Connecticut
Winner First Place Best Beetle Any Generation
2010 Legend VW/Porsche/Audi Car Show Long Island
May 2010 Long Island
Winner Second Place Best VW Overall
2010 Eurogasm Car Club “Eurogasm II”
June 2010 Milford Connecticut
Winner Best In Show
2010 Connecticut Volkswagen Association (CVA)
August 2010 Terryville Connecticut “Bug-A-Fair”
Winner First Place Best New Beetle Custom
Performance VW Magazine (PVW) UK Exposé:
September 2004 Issue
Eurotuner Magazine Exposé:
October 2007 Issue
Eurotuner Full Feature Photo Shoot:
Brooklyn NY, March 28, 2010.
April 2011 Issue Eurotuner Magazine
Please call or email Tom or Bryce for more information on this fantastic VW RUF Bug!
This is the chance of a lifetime to Own and Drive this incredible one-of-a-kind VW Beetle “RUF BUG”!!!